Thursday, March 8, 2012

Battle of the Irises

Picked up a few bunches of irises yesterday for Saturday's wedding.  So far only six of them have opened and I need to get these bridesmaid's bouquets finished!  




So while I'm waiting for more to open let me show you what some of the finished bouquets will look like.  The all white ones anyway.



I think they've turned out wonderful.  Four of the bridesmaids will carry these white bouquets, maid of honor will have a hybrid of white and yellow flowers and the bride will carry all yellow.  I think the use of the white irises will look great with those pops of yellow.  By the way, the little asters in the bouquet were supposed to be matsumoto asters.  This is what I got and they told me these were a form of matsumotos.  I'm still not sure if that is true or they were pulling my leg at the wholesaler.  They work, just not like I was hoping.

The whole wedding will be coming next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment